.108 sun salutations
DATES & COSTS
108 sun salutations
In this workshop we will practice 108 times the sun salutation sequence. Surya Namaskar, known as Sun Salutation, is a sequence of 12 Asanas (body postures) associated with movement, rhythm and breathing and is a holistic body, mind and soul practice. The practice of 108 Sun Salutations is an ancient tradition. They were done in a ritual way during the changing seasons in every equinox and solstice. The purpose was to prepare the body by detoxifying and purifying it to welcome the new age and thank the sun for giving life. The number 108 is an important symbolic number, which you can observe in traditions and customs. The ritual of the 108 Sun Salutations symbolic what we leave behind us and at the same time we will open up us to everything new that is waiting for. A dynamic sequence that makes all internal organs, spine and joints supple and makes the energy in the body flow.
What you get
• Better way to connect and ground
• A hole body, mind and soul practice
• Tea, coffee, water and snacks
What you take home
• Detoxify and purify practice
What else you should know
• The practice is open to all practitioner levels
• Be fasted at least 3 hours before, and well hydrated
• This practice is contraindicated for those with hypertension or other heart disease
• Jonas- A medicine Student and a passionate practitioner of martial arts and calisthenics Jonas came to yoga by “accident”. Later on, while studying in Germany, he started a disciplined Ashtanga selfpractice, using and applying his medical knowledge on it. In search of a deeper understanding of the benefits of yoga, on a physical as well as on a spiritual level he started his seven-month journey to India, where he came to profound realizations about the fundamental relation of movement and breath to our emotional and spiritual world. Returning to Greece he starts teaching yoga. The theoretical background gained from his studies, his constant thriving for knowledge, his increasing teaching experience but most important his passion to share the benefits of movement, breath control, philosophy, and meditation soon enable him to start teaching in various specialized seminars and YTTCs. In 2017 he co-founded Studio108 in Ioannina.